In accordance with the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA), E-focus has made available its 2017-2018 report.
This report outlines how the organisation is working towards equality within the workplace and can be found here.
The WGEA is an Australian Government statutory agency created by the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012. They work collaboratively with employers providing advice, practical tools and education to help improve gender performance.
The principle aims of the Act are to:
- promote and improve gender equality (including equal remuneration between women and men) in employment and in the workplace
- support employers to remove barriers to the full and equal participation of women in the workforce
- promote, amongst employers, the elimination of discrimination on the basis of gender in relation to employment matters (including in relation to family and caring responsibilities)
- foster workplace consultation between employers and employees on issues concerning gender equality in employment and in the workplace
- improve the productivity and competitiveness of Australian business through the advancement of gender equality in employment and in the workplace.
For any queries or for further information, please contact us on (03) 9450 5700.